Tuesday 2 September 2014

HOSPITAL PLACEMENT

Early patient contact is a key component a medical student has to undertake in order to become a brilliant physician.

Tomorrow I will be starting my hospital placement which will take place two days a week. As a year 2 student who's still stumbling her way through living away from home and just finishing first year, this is both an exciting and nerve-wracking experience.

One of the many great things about my medical school is the fact that they put you on placement and set you tasks as soon as you begin year 2. Some may say that it's too early and that students are not yet prepared for patient contact, but I strongly believe that this is the best way to improve your communication and clinical skills.

I won't be disclosing too much of my experience at the hospital due to confidentiality reasons; but I will try to give an overview in order for you to get the general feel of what life in the hospital is like.


No comments:

Post a Comment