Monday 22 September 2014

MOTHERLAND

The land which gave birth to my beautiful mother,
The land which raised her to be a free-thinking spirit like many others,
The land which she left behind to give her family a better life,
The land which she longs to go back to.

The land which fought for its liberty,
The land which was once held in captivity,
The land which has lost many,
The land whose riches and culture were taken away in plenty.

The land whose blood runs in my veins,
The land which is trying to break free from its chains,
The land I am eager to be familiar with,
The land which with each visit still remains a myth.

My motherland has its flaws. But who doesn't? Every country has a crooked past, a corrupt present and an uncertain future. My motherland has been trampled on and stolen from, but it still remains to be a booming country. Yes my motherland has its flaws, but my goodness it is a great nation; seasoned with all kinds of weather and filled with a variety of tradition, values and languages.

One day, I hope to make a long visit to the country that is in the forefront of lending the world an array of inspirational individuals. I want to be a part of my motherland's history. I want her to be proud of the person I am and the person I will be. I want to take my children to her warm embrace and for my descendants to smell her earthly aroma on a regular basis. So that even generations from now, my bloodline will remain faithful to my motherland. They will remember the food, the colours, the dance, the music and the breath-taking views. They will remember the extremities that people live in and strive to close the gap that's currently tearing the civilians apart from each other.

The land which gave birth to my beautiful mother,
The land which raised her and myself to be a free-thinking spirit,
The land which she left behind to give her family a better life,
The land which I will take her back to in order to relive her childhood.

The land which won its independence,
The land which was strengthened by captivity,
The land which has lost and gained many,
The land whose riches and culture are enjoyed in plenty.

The land whose blood still runs in my veins,
The land which is breaking free from its chains,
The land which I am becoming familiar with,
The land which with each visit will always remain a precious myth.



No comments:

Post a Comment